In the beginning
Tim Yao, a.k.a. ``Ender'',
is one of the Directors/SysAdmins of
MicroMUSE who dates back to the days when Stan Lim (``Jin'') ran
MicroMUSH. Back then, the original Cyberion City was organized in
a layout similar to that of a nine-story department store; credits
actually corresponded to what you could build or run; and Coyote,
Star, and Opera_Ghost were the active wizards under Jin. Michael
Stanley (Bard/Michael) was the head code-hacker; and Moulton
managed his Museum as he does now.
- Tim Yao graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
in May of 1993 with a Ph.D. in civil engineering. He spent a year in
in Italy conducting post-doctoral research at the University of Pavia.
His research has focused upon structural reliability, structural
control, fuzzy logic, and engineering mechanics. Structural design,
infrastructure rehabilitation, material science, neural networks
and system identification are all areas that interest him.
- Current hobbies include: sf and fantasy, writing, cartooning and
illustration, Linux, cooking, volleyball, tennis, and ballroom dance.
- Physically, he is 6'-0, 200 lbs, with thinning dark hair. He favors clothes
of darker colors and a white gold wedding band gleams upon his left hand.
- He is happily married to Nan Fancher; they have a darling daughter named
- Tim is a Distinguished Member of Technical Staff (DMTS)
at Lucent Technologies, working
on the Lucent UMTS solution. He has experience in software testing, including
stability testing, test automation and system integration testing.
view his resume or visit his RL site.
Past Accomplishments in MicroMUSE
- Organized the writing of the first MicroMUSE Charter
- Helped to create and shape the administrative hierarchy
- Worked with the team of Erk and Lord_Soth in the construction of
the second Space (Coyote's initial solar system was one-dimensional;
the second Space was two-dimensional; the third Space was space(),
built by Priam_Agrivar, Yarus and Carrie_Gram)
- Created the E-News, the first MicroMUSE newspaper (+newstaper)
- Proposed and designed Cyberion City II
- Organized the writing of the
MicroMUSE Bylaws .
- Wrote a perl
(v. 5.000) script for better newstext management .